title="Parish Council">

Local Directory  »  BOWLS CLUB

Search:
     
List by Category:
List All:

«  Go back to previous page...

SHOWING RESULTS:
BOWLS CLUB BOWLS CLUB
   

 

The Bowls Club was also founded in 1928, but games in the early years were played on the Lawn at the Old Rectory in Westcote Barton.
 
The Bowls Club played their first match on the new green established at the Worton Road site in 1953. A Bowls Club pavilion was constructed in 1993. The brick-built Clubhouse was made by Club members with the aid of generous donations and substantial fundraising. A watering system was installed four years later, the work again being carried out by members. Fundraising and donations provided the money to purchase materials and equipment, with no public monies being sought.
 
The ‘Green’ is at present ‘starred’ meaning it is eligible for use in County competitions and matches. Throughout the summer season, matches are played two to three times a week against local clubs, whilst the green is open to members daily. During the winter season ‘Short Mat’ bowls is played in the Clubhouse.
 
Present membership numbers 26 and consists of ladies, men and several juniors.
 
Address:

David Robey
  Telephone 01869 347403
  Email
  Link